18:15, 3 May 2013 (UTC) Dr O'Malley supplied new and updated Aqua CBPM2 NPP post R2013.1
Fields 22:49, 8 April 2013 (UTC) Dr O'Malley supplied new and updated Aqua VGPM NPP. It was reprocessed after a "bit tighter control on the sst4 values".
Fields 15:50, 20 February 2013 (UTC) Bryan Franz announced "On Monday, 25 February 2013, the OBPG will initiate a partial reprocessing of the MODIS/Aqua ocean color products to incorporate updated instrument calibration. The effect of this change is modest: largest in the 412-nm band, with much smaller impacts to other bands." R2013.0
Fields 22:07, 17 January 2013 (UTC) updated Aqua4km for 2012. Also corrected sd Attribute, "Intercept" to be zero. For some V7 mapped images were set to unity.
Fields 16:41, 14 August 2012 (UTC) Dr O'Malley supplied new R2012 Aqua-based CBPM NPP 8-day and Monthly.
Fields 18:57, 20 July 2012 (UTC) all Aqua4km GSMbin files had the attribute "Bin Resolution" added, set to "4 km", so SeaDAS7.0 can read it.
Fields 18:44, 6 July 2012 (UTC) Dr O'Malley supplied new R2012 Aqua-based VGPM NPP 8-day and Monthly
Fields reprocessed and replaced Aqua-related GSM products using R2012 Aqua. Some metadata was added to compatibility with future SeaDAS version 7.0. The processing version of the new files was updated to Version 7 (from 6)
Fields 16:58, 29 March 2012 (UTC) reprocessed and replaced Meris-related GSM products because an indexing error was found. Reprocessed took into account new L3B have 0-relative row/col indices. This applies to Meris, MergedAM, and MergedASM products.
Fields 16:58, 29 March 2012 (UTC) added missing PSD (2002-2004)
Fields 19:59, 2 February 2012 (UTC) Updated Meris and Aqua. Added a new directory, MergedAM, for Aqua/Meris Merged GSM products (post SeaWiFS).
Fields 22:12, 9 December 2011 (UTC) new Meris (ESA Meris-Envisat) data from the ODESA data processor were supplied by ARCI-ST. Meris GSM products and merged Aqua, SeaWiFS, Meris GSM products were generated.
Fields 23:09, 21 November 2011 (UTC) Dr O'Malley supplied new Aqua VGPM- 8-day (up to 2011-08-13) and Monthly (up to 2011-07). He also provided updated SeaWiFS based CBPM monthly data.
Fields 22:39, 8 August 2011 (UTC) Dr O'Malley supplied updated Aqua 8-day composite VGPM NPP data from OSU. dates cover 2008305 (Oct 31) to 2011121 (may 1) (dates are the start of the 8-day interval).
Fields 22:20, 9 May 2011 (UTC) replaced Aqua and Merged with Version 6. This is still R2009 Aqua, but uses 6 bands. Also added Aqua4km products. Old 5 bands stuff was relocated to AquaV5 and MergedV5.
- 2011-04-11 I neglected to note that we are transitioning from version 5 to 6.
Version 5, associated with the R2009.1 reprocessing effort (http://oceancolor.gsfc.nasa.gov/forum/oceancolor/board_show.pl?bid=27). Version 6 refers to SeaWiFS R2010.1 (http://oceancolor.gsfc.nasa.gov/forum/oceancolor/topic_show.pl?pid=15555;hl=R2010#pid15555) with the 670 band included, so that 6 wavelengths rather than five were used. For the Merged data, V5 is composed of V5 Aqua and V6 SeaWiFS. We have been waiting for word about what part of the Aqua mission will be reprocessed. When there is version 6 Aqua products they will from 6 bands. V6 Merged will be both V6 Aqua and V6 SeaWiFS. V6 Aqua will likely only differ from V5 after 2007, but will incorporate a additional 6th band (667nm).
- 2011-01-25 Removing Mar-Sep 2010 modis-based vgpm NPP. There was a problem with the aqua sst4 used. Dr O'Malley is reproducing the NPP with the corrected Aqua sst4 input.
- 2011-01-21 R2010 8-day SeaWiFS CBPM2 replaced with an improved product. Robert O'Malley added "a trap on the maximum growth rate" and some NPP gap-filling to the process.
- 2010-12-22 R2010 CBPM2 added. Note CBPM will no longer be produced. Here after NPP produced after 2010 will be the spectral variety and the 2 will be dropped from the name.
note there is an R2010 area. It was waiting for Aqua and Merged products to be made public, but that might be a couple more months.
- actual link to CbPM2 model results added. [Sorry]
- 2010-10-26 CBPM2 NPP model results added.
- 2010-10-18 replaced NPP with new data derived after the R2009.1 reprocessing.
- 2010-09-17 add composite data GSMbin added. Like the daily GSMbin counterpart, except GSMcovMask replaced with the number of pixels composited per bin. The confidence intervals (GSMchl_sig, GSMbbp_sig, GSMacdm_sig) for composite data were also added (actually back in July). These were calculated from composite_sig=sqrt(sum(daily_sig.^-2))
- 2010-08-16 all products (Aqua, SeaWiFS, Merged) have been were reprocessed in June using R2009. Today those were swapped in. The new data have the version "5", in the file name.
- 2009-11-18 SeaWiFS GSM products have been regenerated using R2009.1 Rrs.
- 2009-10-23 an issue has been discovered with the NIR water-leaving radiance model and iteration process as employed in the SeaWiFS 2009.0 reprocessing. "...we know it will have some effect on coastal retrievals, so we anticipate a 2009.1 reprocessing of SeaWiFS in the near future.
- Orbview 2 has been in Safe Haven since the end of August 2009. No SeaWiFS data have been available.
- site updated 12 Oct 2009: new SeaWiFS R2009 was inverted to make new SeaWiFS GSM products. Processing version number incremented to 5.
- Site update 14 Jul 2009: OpenDAP server on line. Access via the Services page.
- Site update 9 Jun 2009: NPP product family page and links to data added.
- SeaWiFS has been in safe haven since 4/23/2009 (day 113). It is not collecting data, so there will be a gap in SeaWiFS and Merged products. 12:34, 26 May 2009 (PDT)
- Site updates 25 May 2009 -- some features not yet implemented.
- Note on missing data (22 Apr 2009)